My son / daughter has an appointment what do I need to do?
Attendance/Procedures for Leaving School:
It is essential that students attend all classes every day, and students should only be absent from school when necessary. Student attendance is monitored and updated through our VSware System and parents/guardians must use the VSware parent app to explain all absences.
Students Under 18
- The VSware Absence Request on the Parent App must be completed at least one day in advance. Once approved this will update your student’s attendance record which is submitted by the school to the National Educational Welfare Board if a student misses more than 20 days.
- Students can only be collected at the break of class or break times. On each occasion students must go to the main office to be collected by the parent/guardian (or emergency contact as provided to school in enrolment form).
- The parent/guardian must present in person at the school office and sign student out by completing the sign out register book.
Students Over 18
- Students should be in full attendance every day and should only leave for a partial day if necessary.
- The VSware Absence Request must be completed at least one day in advance. Once approved this will update the students’ attendance record.
- Students must present to the Principal/Deputy Principal to have their Learning Journal signed during Period 1 in the canteen.
- Students can only leave at the break of class or break times. On each occasion students over 18 must go to the Main Office
- Present their Learning Journal signed by Principal/Deputy Principal
- Complete the sign out register book.
- Parents/Guardians should not text their son/daughter during the school day under any circumstances. School Office can be contacted if contact is required.
- Students should not text home during the day and if feeling unwell must go to the first aid room and parents/guardians will be contacted if appropriate.