Transition Year is an extra year at Senior Cycle which offers students a broad educational experience affording an opportunity to mature as a person and to develop a wide range of skills before proceeding to further studies.
Students engage in new and varied active learning environments based on work within and outside the classroom.
Examples of TY activities include:
• Sampling all Leaving Certificate subjects
• Work Experience
• Entrepreneurial Skills/Market Days
• Coláiste Bank
• Computerised Accounts
• Public Speaking/Speech & Drama
• Youth Leadership Course
• MOG Car Safety Programme
• Young Scientist Competition
• Stock Animation Programmes
• Photo and Video Editing
• Law Course
• Gaisce awards
• John Paul II Awards
• Outdoor Pursuits – trips to Delphi, hikes etc.
• Irish Red Cross First Aid
ski trip 2022